Saturday, March 26, 2011

White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies

I used to be known as the cookie lady by the support staff in the office of a physician I work with because every Christmas I would make 64 dozen cookies ..... depending on how adventurous I felt there would be 15-20 different varieties. Once my son came along, spending a weekend baking during the holidays just went by the wayside. This is the recipe that started it all and was included every year. I made these again this year since it will be the last year I am working with that office.
White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies 
from Bon Appetit – January 1993 
from the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in L.A.
1 cup  all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter
3/4 cup  packed golden brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/2 cup  white chocolate chips
3/4 cup  coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
3/4 cup  coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 2 heavy large cookie sheets (I prefer to use parchment paper). Mix first 4ingredients together in a small bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in dry ingredients, then vanilla milk chips and nuts. Drop cookie dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing evenly. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to rack to cool. Makes about 18 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment