Sunday, December 12, 2010

Stir Fried Vegetables with Ginger, Oyster and Soy Sauces

I have a friend who is very busy working and going to school. Sometimes to a point where I think she forgets to eat given the amount of weight she has lost since starting her MBA program. So each weekend, I am trying to find some recipes that my non-meat eating friend will like so I can bring her lunch on Mondays. Here is a recent attempt.
Stir Fried Vegetables with Ginger, Oyster and Soy Sauces
14 ounces mixed vegetables, chopped (I used carrots, onions, peppers, green beans, snow peas, bok choy and bean sprouts because that was leftover in my refrigerator)
3 Tbsp walnut oil
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 Tbsp thinly sliced ginger
4 scallions, finely shredded
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 pinches of sugar
juice of 1 lime
salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl combine the oyster sauce and the soy sauce. set aside.
Put the oil and the ginger into a large pan or wok for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the vegetables longest cooking ones first. For me it was the carrots, onions and peppers. After about 1 minute the green beans ; in one more minute the snow peas and bok choy; one more minute the bean sprouts. Add the soy sauce mixture. Toss until well coated. Sprinkle with the juice of the lime. Stir-fry for a further minute and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
For my two meat lovers, I added some leftover steak which was reheat in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment