Saturday, November 6, 2010

Garlic Squid Over Linguine

I thought I broke my husband of the idea that everything has to have meat in it. I thought this meal tasted great. He only ate it because he was hungry. Tell me what you think ....
6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
1/2 pound linguine
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb calamari, cleaned, cut into think rings and tentacles halfed
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup fish stock*
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
Cook the pasta according to package directions in boiling water to which 2 of the sliced garlic cloves have been added.
In a bowl, season the squid with the Emeril's Original Essence.
In a saute pan, heat the remaining  oil, Add the remaining sliced garlic, scallions, red pepper flakes, and salt
and cook, stirring, until fragrant and soft. Add the squid, stock, and lemon juice and stir well. Reduce the heat and cook, stirring, until the squid are tender and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. (They will turn an opaque white color.) Remove from the heat,stir in the butter, and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
Add the pasta to the saute pan and toss to warm through and combine. Add the parsley; toss to combine.
Divide among bowls, top with the cheese and serve immediately.

*I do not use a lot of seafood stock and I do not usually buy whole fish so I do not have the makings of good stock. I like to use Penzeys Seafood Base and Seasoning. You add 1 tsp of base to 1 cup of warm water and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment