Monday, December 1, 2014

Marshmallow Pumpkin Pie

Warren loves pumpkin pie. I can certainly live without it but I bake or buy a different version each year at Thanksgiving. This year is a no bake pie which got a double thumbs up from my pie connoisseur.
The recipes is straight from Taste of Home Magazine October / November. I did not change a thing. Well, after meting the marshmallows I did stick the pan in the snow on the deck to get it to cool down quicker but I do not think we can rely on that method to always be available.



Marshmallow Pumpkin Pie
1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups whipped topping
1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
Additional whipped topping, optional

In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate 3 hours or until set. If desired, serve with additional whipped topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment