Sunday, November 17, 2013

Feta, Tomato & Shrimp Flatbread Pizza


Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE pizza. ..... extra cheese and sausage is my preferred way to go. But given that I am trying to eat healthier, I have been working on new ways to have pizza but make it healthier but still taste.

Flatout Thin Crust Flatbread is a great lighter alternative to pizza crust at 140 calories and 3 grams of fiber it is s guilt free alternative. I first learned about these why watching Guilt Free with HG (Hungry Girl). The come in a variety of different flavors Rosemary & Olive Oil, Heritage Wheat, Rustic White, and Spice Italian (which is very spicy). 


While I was at the PA Food & Wine Show  yesterday, I got some wonderful Feta Saldana from Emerald Valley Artisans. I had never heard of a feta cheese being made with cow's milk but it was quite tasty.

Warren and I split a flatbread for a light lunch today.
 


Feta, Tomato & Shrimp Flatbread Pizza
Adapted from Bon Appetit March 1997
1 Flatout Thin Crust Flatbread
2 Tbsp reduced fat mozzarella cheese, grated
2 campari tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 oz feta cheese, crumbled
2 Kalamata olive, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
Dried Oregano
4 cooked peeled, large shrimp, chopped
Preheat a pizza stone and oven to 350 degrees.Place the flatbread on the pizza stone and bake for about 2 minutes, just until the underside is starting to lightly brown. Remove the flatbread from the oven and place on a pizza peel.
Top the flatbread with the mozzarella, tomato, feta, olives and green onions. Sprinkle to taste with oregano. Return to oven and bake until the cheese begins to melt about 2-3 minutes. Top the flatbread with the shrimp and continue to bake until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment