Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pork Chops with Grapes and Bumped Up Sauteed Zucchini

I think I am on to something. With me eating all of these fruits and veggies, I have prepped watermelon, pineapple, mango, green beans, zucchini, beets and have strawberries and blueberries ready to be eaten. I cooked the pork then  pulled all of these out of the refrigerator and told the boys to pick two. (Knowing they were never going to touch my sauteed zucchini below.) No fighting about fruits and veggies. I has worked two days in a row. I think I am on to something!
You can use bone in or boneless pork chops for this recipe. for small cuts of meat there is no difference between cooking on or off the bone. One significant difference cam be the price of the meat itself. If it is truly a bargain, I will buy the bone in version, de-bone it myself and use the bones in stock
Tonight I just pulled bone-in chops from the freezer.

 
Pork Chops with Grapes
adapted from EveryDay with Rachel Ray January / February 2013

4 bone-in pork chops
1/2 cup red grapes, halved
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 teaspoon thyme
Coat a skillet with cooking spray.  Cook the pork over medium-high, 5 minutes per side. Put on plate; tent with foil. Add grapes, garlic and thyme to skillet. My skillet was rather dry so I added a couple tablespoons of vegetable stock.Cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Top pork with grapes. 


Bumped Up Sauteed Zucchini
adapted from Bon Appetit – September 2007
1 ¼ - 1 ½ lbs zucchini, trimmed, cut into ½ inch thick slices
2 large garlic cloves sliced
1 ½ tsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 c small cherry tomatoes, halved

6 sliced pitted Kalamata olives
¼ c thinly sliced fresh basil
Balsamic vinegar

Cooking spray
Coat a skillet  with cooking spray.  Over medium-high heat saute the zucchini, garlic and rosemary. with a sprinkle of salt and pepper until the zucchini is just tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and olives. Sauté until tomatoes just begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with  basil and vinegar. Season vegetables to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl to serve.






No comments:

Post a Comment