Friday, March 25, 2011

Smoked Turkey Salad Sandwich - aka What to do with leftovers?

I had purchased a Butterball Smoked Turkey Breast for a quick an easy meal but I needed to find something to do with the leftovers. Warren loves chicken salad so I spun it a bit !
3 oz smoked turkey breast, chopped
2 Tbsp onions, chopped
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp Tastefully Simple Southwestern seasoning or your preferred southwestern or Cajun seasoning
2 tsp parsley, chopped
1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
Lettuce and sandwich thin for serving
I used a manual "salsa master" instead of a food processor because we like out salads chunkier and it is harder to control in a food processor/ A food processor will work well but you will end up with a smoother consistency, more like a spread. It appears that the Salsa master by Kitchenmate is no longer being made. I got it at the Eastern States Expo many years ago and still will not give it up. I had one of the bowls break right before the Big E the following year and the salesperson handed me another one sight unseen. I purchased it during Warren's and my first trip together to the fair (those of you who know us can attest that it is approaching antique status). I may have to try to get my hands on a few of these used ones before they are gone forever!
Please the turkey and onions in the "salsa maker" and turn clockwise until chopped to you preferred consistency.
Add the mayonnaise, parsley, southwestern seasoning and hot sauce if used and turn counter-clockwise until well blended. By going counter-clockwise the "salsa maker" mixes instead of continue to chop.
Serve atlop your favorite sandwick thin, topped with lettuce or serve a dollop on top of a green salad for a reduced carb lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment