Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back on the WW wagon with Chicken & Broccoli with an Asian Dipping Sauce

I am back on the wagon. I survived the holidays and actually lost 1 lb ... although I do not know how. My goal during the holidays is to maintain the weight until Thanksgiving. Back to eating healthier... I do not like to consider it dieting. I am off to a good start with:
Chicken & Broccoli with an Asian Dipping Sauce
1/2 lb chicken tenders
salt & freshly ground pepper
4 cups frozen broccoli, cooked according to package directions
1 1/2 tsp dried cilantro
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp mirin
1/2 tsp sesame oil
Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Place chicken in a steamer basket. Set over boiling water and steam for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine the cilantro, soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin and sesame oil. Whisk until well blended.
Serve chicken and broccoli with dipping sauce.
According to www.weightwatchers.com 4 oz of cooked chicken and 2 cups of broccoli with as much dipping sauce as desired is 4 PointsPlus.

No comments:

Post a Comment