Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Veggie Stir Fry

Thanks to the farm share and my friend Judy who not only gave me vegetables from her garden but delivered them to me at Shriners, I had vegetable stir fry for dinner. needless to say Nick would not come near it with a 10 foot pole but that just means more for me!
Very unlike me I did not measure any of  the veggies. It was sort of a dump combination looking at what I had more of and what would go bad quickest. I used a combination of eggplant, zucchini, onion, red bell pepper, okra, baby bok choy, carrot, yellow beans, broccoli, shiitake mushrooms, pea tendrils, beet greens and a previously steamed sweet potato. I started the stir fry with 1/2 Tbsp Ming Tsai's Curry Ginger Oil and added a little vegetable stock when the pan was looking dry. I finished it with a sauce made of 1 part soy sauce, 1 part oyster sauce and 1/2 part chile-garlic sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment