Sunday, April 11, 2010

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

I am back from Virgina and in the mood to cook. I think I go through withdrawal sometimes when I can't be in the kitchen.
It was such a beautiful day that we had to grill.  

Marinated Grilled Flank Steak
1 1/2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning)

1/2 teaspoon smoked paprik
1 teaspoon hot sauce – I used Sriracha but I am sure Tabasco would be just fine
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 

1 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 splashes
1/6 cup extra-virgin olive oil 

1 pounds flank steak 

Combine all ingredients in a sealable bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours. Grill over high heat for 6-7 minutes per side depending for medium rare.


This recipes was adpated from a Rachel Ray recipe which she serves with BLT Mashed Potatoes. In our concerted effort to eat healthier we sliced it against the grain and served over a hearty salad of mixed greens, cucumbers, onions, peppers and feta cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment