Sunday, July 3, 2011

The First Post From the New Kitchen - Cannellini Hummus with Pita Chips

I have not posted in a while given the craziness of the move and ending of a job. We are semi - settled in our new home. I still have not found many of my gadgets or my flatware but I am cooking none the less.

A little hummus and homemade pita chips! But I did not have chickpeas so i used cannellini beans and we like it even better!

1 can (~15.5 oz) cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
1/3 cup olive oil
2 peeled garlic cloves
2 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Chips
2 whole wheat pita breads (unsplit)
olive oil
oregano
salt and freshly ground pepper
Tastefully Simple Onion Onion Seasoning

Blend the first 6 ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
For the pita chips, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut each pita bread into 8 wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle half of the wedges with oregano, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the other half with Onion Onion Seasoning. Bake for about 5 minutes or until crisp. Serve warm with hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment