Saturday, November 29, 2014

Spicy Pickled Peppers

I go through jars and jars of pickled peppers, usually the hot banana peppers you find in the pickle aisle of the grocery store. My family puts them on salads, sandwiches, and pizza. Since I have been getting a plethora of green peppers and jalapenos from the CSA share, I thought I would try making my own. I am not brave enough to try to can them yet but they were very tasty.



Spicy Pickled Peppers 
adapted from Food & Wine August 2014
6 ounces bell peppers and jalapenos, sliced (with seeds)
1/4 cup water 
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar 
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt 
1/2 tsp sugar 
1 teaspoon caraway seeds 

Put the peppers and chiles in a 2 cup container. In a medium saucepan, combine the water, vinegar, salt, sugar and caraway seeds. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Pour the brine over the peppers and let stand until cool, about 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment